ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Statement of Interest

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Statement of Interest
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:59:16 -0400

Statement of Interest - Ray Fassett

I am Executive Vice President of Operations & Policy for Employ Media LLC.
Employ Media LLC is the licensed operator of the .jobs sTLD and has
contracted technical, back-end registry operations to VeriSign, Inc.  Employ
Media works closely with the Society for Human Resource Management (
<http://www.shrm.org/> www.shrm.org) on matters relative to .jobs policy.

I am a member of the GNSO Registry Constituency and serve as the
constituency liason to the Registrar Constituency.   My participation within
this Working Group is on behalf of .jobs that currently has various ICANN
and non-ICANN reserved names designated within the .jobs registry database.
.jobs is a sponsored TLD meaning it has been delegated certain policy making
responsibility that include domain name allocation at the second level in a
manner to serve the best interests of the global HR community.  For this
reason and for the reason that the primary scope of the Reserved Names
Working Group relates to new TLD's, it is my belief that recommendations as
a result of the work will not have a direct bearing upon the .jobs TLD
business.