Re: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations

• To: GNSO RN WG <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:31:51 -0400

Hi,

I am not sure why the two categories form the IDN, specifically:

4.1.5. Limit Variant Confusion and Collision
4.1.6. Limit Confusingly Similar Strings

apply to the RN types under discussion in any special way. I.e. I do not understand what conditions on controversial names would be different because of these two constraints. As far as I can tell, these are already included in the new gTLD process and have precedence over any discussion of Reserved Names.

thanks
a.

On 24 apr 2007, at 09.57, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Thanks Patrick.  Good add.

Chuck Gomes

"This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission."

From: owner-gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-rn- wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrick Jones
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:15 PM
To: gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations

I would add under Single/2-Character Names:

4.1.3. Language Community Input for Evaluation of new IDN gTLD Strings
4.1.9d(5) ICANN should consult with the relevant language communities if in doubt whether an IDN gTLD string is in compliance with relevant tables

Patrick

From: owner-gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-rn- wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 5:04 PM
To: GNSO RN WG
Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations

I sent the IDN working group recommendations several weeks ago but thought it might be helpful to send it again. I want to call attention to the following recommendations in the report that may be relevant to subgroup work related to IDNs:

Single/2-Character Names

Geographical & Geopolitical Names

4.1.2. GAC Consultation on Geo-political Impact

Controversial Names

Chuck Gomes

"This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission."

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy