ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations

  • To: GNSO RN WG <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] IDN WG Recommendations
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:31:51 -0400

Hi,

I am not sure why the two categories form the IDN, specifically:

4.1.5. Limit Variant Confusion and Collision
4.1.6. Limit Confusingly Similar Strings

apply to the RN types under discussion in any special way. I.e. I do not understand what conditions on controversial names would be different because of these two constraints. As far as I can tell, these are already included in the new gTLD process and have precedence over any discussion of Reserved Names.

thanks
a.