ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Subgroup Report for Single & 2-Character Names with Gomes edits 8 May for review and comment

  • To: "Patrick Jones" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Subgroup Report for Single & 2-Character Names with Gomes edits 8 May for review and comment
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:58:55 -0400

Patrick,

Thanks Patrick.

I changed footnote 1 to the following: "This is notwithstanding two
letter gTLDs will be allowed only as ccTLDs, when added to the ISO-3166
list, and as such all two character LDH strings will remain reserved at
the top level and second level of a domain name, although registries may
propose release of two character LDH strings at the second level
provided that measures to avoid confusion with any corresponding country
codes are implemented."  Note that I made the change twice because
'ASCII strings' occurred twice.  Is that okay?

I inserted the space.

Chuck Gomes