ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

Re: [gnso-sti] Updated CG Paper v2

  • To: "'GNSO STI'" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-sti] Updated CG Paper v2
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:01:06 -0500

I few comments and corrections regarding At-Large positions (all in line with the statement that we sent out last week):

Q.12 Yes

Q.15 Although there seemed to be general agreement, it should be noted that for At-Large to agree, the notice must be a the preferred language of the registrant.

Q.17 We advocate a mechanism that will result in the website being taken down and replaced with a URS notification prior to default to add one more (and effective) form of notice.

Q.19 We support the concept of transfer but only if it can be done ion way that is not too onerous to implement. We also have some concern about names being taken out of circulation if they are not obviously (in 100% case of uses) TM infringing.

Q.20 Please add concern that all notices be available and usable in a wide range of languages.

Q.22 We strongly favour review of the URS starting after 6 months. We do note, however, that we must devise some way of modifying the URS if the review indicates that such modification is needed. Currently, the only way to modify something that will become part of a gTLD contract is via the PDP, which will not be sufficiently fast enough to address a change in URS to cover some obvious problem.

Alan