ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti] Comments on TC draft

  • To: "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO STI" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Comments on TC draft
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 22:29:18 -0500

Alan is correct on 5.2.  I strongly believe that if ICANN insists on
allowing trademarks from the Benelux countries (or any other territory
that does not have substantive review for the marks within their
databases), then registries should be free to provide lesser weight, if
any, to those marks in a Sunrise or IP claim process.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.