ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-synchronization-thickwhois]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

Re: [gnso-synchronization-thickwhois] FW: Synchronization Subgroup work

  • To: "gnso-synchronization-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-synchronization-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-synchronization-thickwhois] FW: Synchronization Subgroup work
  • From: Susan Kawaguchi <susank@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:58:25 +0000

Hello All,

Since we have not had much email discussion on synchronization should we
assume there are no currently identified issues with synchronization of
the whois record between the registry and registrar?

In my mind the issue of authoritativeness is more crucial.  If the
registry or registrar is deemed authoritative then one would always know
to go to that source for the record.

Susan Kawaguchi
Domain Name Manager
Facebook Legal Dept.