ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Comments on the Thick Whois PDP Draft Charter

  • To: "Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Comments on the Thick Whois PDP Draft Charter
  • From: Frédéric Guillemaut <fg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:39:52 +0200

Dear All,

This is my first participation in a drafting team, so please forgive me if I missed a point.

The Charter says a lot on Thick Whois.
And it can refer to the final report.
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/final-report-thick-whois-02feb12-en.pdf)

However, I do not see any accurate description of what a thick whois really is, and what the minimum standards are expected to be (I guess some registries might have a few differences).

Is defining Thick Whois specs a mission of the Working Group ?
Or doez the drafting team have ot draw guidelines on that matter as well ?

Best regards

Frederic