ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 15 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 15 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:05:55 -0800

Dear All,

The meeting scheduled on Tuesday 22 January at 20:00 UTC is CANCELED.

The next THICK WHOIS PDP Working Group meeting is scheduled on Tuesday 29
January 2013 at 15:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick Whois PDP Working Group call held on
Tuesday 15 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20130115-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#jan

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Marc Anderson – RySG
Roy Balleste – NCUC
Don Blumenthal – RySG
Avri Doria – NCSG
Christopher George – IPC
Alan Greenberg- ALAC
Volker Greimann – RrSG
Frederic Guillemaut – RrSG
Carolyn Hoover - RySG
Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC
Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC
Mikey O'Connor – ISPCP
Susan Prosser – RrSG
Tim Ruiz – RrSG
Jill Titzer – RrSG

Apologies:
Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG
Amr Elsadr – NCSG
Marika Konings ( ICANN staff)

ICANN staff:
Berry Cobb
Lars Hoffmann
Julia Charvolen

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
On behalf of GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Tuesday 15 January 2013:

Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois PDP Working Group Meeting of 15 January
2013
  Carolyn Hoover:waiting to get on the phone call
  Marc Anderson:I'm waiting as well
  Don Blumenthal:As am I
  Carolyn Hoover:just got in
  Tim Ruiz:Volker got a good start on defining authoritativeness for us.
  Berry Cobb:http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/msg00059.html
  avri:that that means we need to be in all the woring groups woopie!
  avri:... working ...
  Tim Ruiz:FYI, confirmed with one of the RrSG ExCom that they do have the
survey. So far it's only been reviewed by the ExCom but will be going out to
the membership in general shortly.
  Berry Cobb:Great, thank you Tim.
  avri:is is a start-up pace that is accelerating.  And with meekly meeting it
will accelerate.
  Carolyn Hoover:Yep - that the RySG plan - next week
  Tim Ruiz:Agree with Avri
  avri:s/meekly/weekly/
  Roy Balleste:Agree with Avri
  Carolyn Hoover:+1 Avri
  avri:NCUC is in final discussio and edit.  nearly done.
  Berry Cobb:FYI, here is a link to the sub-team pages:
https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/9.+WG+Sub+Teams
  Roy Balleste:Should we set a new deadline?
  Tim Ruiz:If we keep it under 2 years it will be the shortest WHOIS PDP in
history  ;-)
  Don Blumenthal:The RySG was given a 1/23 deadline.
  Don Blumenthal:Given by staff.
  Don Blumenthal:I can try to spur the process but a lot of folks will be in
Amsterdam for registry and registrar meetings.
  Tim Ruiz:This weekend may be a push for the RrSG.
  Jill Titzer:Should we consider the upcoming  regional conference interfering
with timeline
  Carolyn Hoover:22nd is the late meeting
  Carolyn Hoover:based on my calendar
  Tim Ruiz:Alan makes sense, IMO.
  Carolyn Hoover:plan was to complete before people headed to amsterdam
  Don Blumenthal:"fluid" and "deadline" are a dangerous combination if we
really want submissions.
  avri:Don, it is just the known nature of ICANN 'deadline'  just as we have a
difference defintion for the word 'consensus' so to with 'deadline'
  Julia Charvolen:sure
  Julia Charvolen:thank you
  marie-laure lemineur:thank you
  Susan Prosser:Thanks Mikey