ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] status of Registry and Registrar comments?

• To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Thick Whois WG <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] status of Registry and Registrar comments?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:18:26 -0500

As was perhaps obvious, I was not answering the question Mikey asked, but the unspoken question of responding to the mindmap of recent e-mails that he sent out.

At 03/02/2013 09:39 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
Mikey, I didn't respond because to be honest, the that mindmap was just too complex for me to follow. I will repeat part of what I said in the original exchanges.

If there are harms to registrants that we need to worry about we need concrete examples or at least concrete hypotheticals.

If there are laws which forbid specific registrars from carrying on their existing business if we move to all registries to a thick whois, let's have some specifics on the table.

Alan

At 02/02/2013 11:55 AM, Mike O'Connor wrote:
is the hope of getting comments from either of those groups a pipedream?

if either group is going to have comments ready, it would be REALLY helpful to have them by the end of the weekend so that Marika and her gang have a ghost of a chance of working them into the summary document in time for our meeting next Tuesday.

thanks,

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: <http://www.haven2.com>www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy