ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 19 February 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 19 February 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:20:02 -0800

Dear All,

The next  Thick Whois PDP Working Group call will be on 26 February 2013 at
15:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick Whois PDP Working Group call held on
Tuesday 19 February 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20130219-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Marc Anderson - RySG
Roy Balleste - NCUC
Don Blumenthal - RySG
Avri Doria - NCSG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Caroline Hoover - RySG
Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC
Steve Metalitz - IPC
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP
Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Jill Titzer - RrSG
Rick Wesson - RrSG
Evan Leibovitch - ALAC

Apologies:
Iliya Bazlyankov - RrSG
Susan Prosser - RrSG
Amr Elsadr - NCSG
Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript:
  Marika Konings:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois PDP Working Group meeting of 19
February 2013
  v:"v" is Volker Greimann
  Alan Greenberg:are you trying to be anonymous, or just saving keystrokes
  Volker:thanks
  Volker:no, autocomplete did not work
  Marika Konings:Sorry Volker, I've already taken away your anonymity ;-)
  Alan Greenberg:pulldown  to right of "Attendees" allows you to edit your name
  Volker:no, not my sweet anonymity
  Alan Greenberg:Ahh - done already
  Volker:I didn't
  Don:Nice to see I'm not the only one with autocomplete problems. I was going
to abbreviate with AC but that "AC problems" could have been misconstrued.
  The masked stranger!:I am important, I talk red!
  Alan Greenberg:Hi there.
  Evan Leibovitch:cute, eh?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri Doria has joined the AC room
  Rick Wesson 2:Tim is correct in his read of the Registry/Registrar contracts
  Steve Metalitz:Rick/Tim -- are the registry/registrar contracts publicly
available?
  Marc Anderson:should we ask who from the working group is planning to be at
ICANN Beijing?
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:Sorry. I can't hear Steve.
  Steve Metalitz:Don, I was warning that time taken in planning the Beijing
meeting may be time taken away from advancing our report -- which is already
behind.
  Don Blumenthal - Public Interest Registry:Thanks. Agreed.
  Avri Doria:"editting it down to the jiffies"?
  Avri Doria:i would expect that adding more sub-groups, given the already
large number, would slow things down.
  Marc Anderson:Do we have a list or wiki page somewhere that maps the Charter
points to subgroups along with who the members/chairs of the subgroups are.  It
might be useful to see that in one place.
  Marika Konings:All the sub-teams are listed here:
https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/9.+WG+Sub+Teams
  Marika Konings:each page has the list of members
  Marc Anderson:thank you Marika
  Marika Konings:For each of the topics we also created a separate wiki page
for people to submit information on (which also contains the relevant charter
language), see https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37193914
  Marika Konings:but to date, we have not received a whole lot of submissions
  Avri Doria:4 sub-groups is a lot, 10 is way more than a lot.
  Marc Anderson:would it be possible to include the chair of the sub teams?
  Marika Konings:for those sub-teams that have a lead, it should be noted
(however, most don't have one yet)
  Marc Anderson:ok, I see it now, "-lead" next to the name.
  Steve Metalitz:Who are the members of our expert group?
  Steve Metalitz:Suggest that Marika organize the questions first, to eliminate
duplication, before sharing with full group. Agree with Don re delay.
  Volker (aka: The masked stranger!):lets vote on the process, Mikey ;-)
  Evan Leibovitch:I agree with Alan 100%.
  Alan Greenberg:Yes, lets vote!
  Avri Doria:yeah!!! polls!!!
  Tim Ruiz:Thanks Mikey!
  Carolyn Hoover:Thanks, Mikey!
  Volker (aka: The masked stranger!):thanks mikey
  Avri Doria:bye