ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 26 March 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 26 March 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:15:20 -0700

Dear All,

The next  Thick Whois PDP Working Group call will be on 02 April 2013 at 15:00
UTC.

Please note new Daylight Saving Time times as Europe will also have switched to
DST on the 31st of March.

08:00 PST, 11:00 EST,  16:00 London, 17:00 CET

for other places see:

http://tinyurl.com/bt877vq

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick Whois PDP Working Group call held on
Tuesday 26 March 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20130326-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#mar<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#mars>

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Roy Balleste - NCUC

Don Blumenthal - RySG

Avri Doria - NCSG

Christopher George - IPC

Volker Greimann - RrSG

Carolyn Hoover - RySG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Jonathan Zuck - IPC

Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Marc Anderson - RySG

Rick Wesson - RrSG

Apologies:

Jill Titzer - RrSG

Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC

Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Susan Prosser - RrSG
Frédéric Guillemaut- RrSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for 26 March 2013:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois PDP WG meeting of 26 March 2013

  Carolyn Hoover:good morning

  Roy Balleste:I looked also at the responses on data protection.  IMHO, the
expert panel cannot (it seems) answer data protection laws with certainty
because it lacks an expert in European law (in particular, data protection.)

  Tim Ruiz:Agree with Roy.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Volker Greimann has joined the AC room

  Volker Greimann:dailing in now. apologies, earlier meeting ran late

  Volker Greimann:on now

  Don Blumenthal:Roy is on the dpp subteam too. I didn't see his name when I
pointed Mark

  Don Blumenthal:Roy is on the dpp subteam too. I didn't see his name when I
pointed Marc out.

  Tim Ruiz:Agree with Marika.

  Don Blumenthal:agree with your approach also.

  Don Blumenthal:your = Mikey

  Volker Greimann:agreed, that is a consideration

  Volker Greimann:but that can be taken care of with a changeover time

  Jonathan Zuck:Mickey, I agree with your wording on multi master

  Jonathan Zuck:competition is my group but I have to bail so I'll listen to
the mp3 and get comments back to the list

  Jonathan Zuck:I think multimaster is about sync. I'm not sure the section
matter that much

  Rick Wesson:hi

  Rick Wesson:In the case of this registrie, there is no option for data unsent
to the registry to be archived in a registrars escrow. The ir is a falicy in
the logic flow

  Rick Wesson:In thick registries, there is no oppertunity for a registrar to
"commit" data that is not transfered to the registry

  Tim Ruiz:But isn't that purpose of registries escrowing data.

  Tim Ruiz:The registries can simply escrow in multiple locations.

  Volker Greimann:agreed, it is a possiblity

  Volker Greimann:apologies, but the current RAA negotiation schedule takes
most of my "IANN-time"

  Volker Greimann:ICANN-time

  Carolyn Hoover:Trying to put in green check

  Don Blumenthal:can'T

  Chris George:i can join, but can't find the check mar k

  Carolyn Hoover:raising hand, chris

  Don Blumenthal:can't find the control in ipad. count me in for next week

  Volker Greimann:off to the next call then ;-)

  Chris George:thx

  Don Blumenthal:gee thanks

  Volker Greimann:agree with Marika