ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-wg]

Re: [gnso-trans-wg] Prioritization Template -- a helper-worksheet

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-trans-wg] Prioritization Template -- a helper-worksheet
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:48:50 -0600

Hi all,

I just built a little Powerpoint file to help myself with the priority-ranking which I thought I'd offer to the rest of you.

The advantage of this file is that I can drag the policy items up and down the list, which makes ranking easier for me. Here's the mechanics of what I do;

- open the file
- click anywhere in the text area (so that it's highlighted with borders around it) - move the mouse so that it hovers over the bullet-dot for a policy-item (note that the mouse pointer changes into a square cross with arrows on each tip)
- click and drag policy-items up and down the list

And here's the ranking process I use -- it's kinda/sorta pairwise comparison, but this list is too long to do it exhaustively.

- pick any two adjacent items in the list
- decide if they're in the right priority order.
        - if they are, move on down the list
        - if they aren't, move the more important one up the list
- repeat, and cycle through the list, until I feel like I've got a pretty good ranking

I hope this is useful. If it's gibberish, or you feel like it's not helpful, just ignore me -- this is just an approach that I use to rank tall lists like this one.

voice: 952-232-5181
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com