ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Travel drafting team mailing list open

  • To: gnso-travel-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Travel drafting team mailing list open
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 07:24:06 -0400

Hi,

I am on this list mostly as a lurker and in my role as chair of the council, to be helpful if I can or need to be. I do not plan to be a regular participant.

My view is that as chair, I suggested a procedure the last time to make sure we had a way to make the immediate decisions. Given the pressure of time, that was done in a rather unilateral way. And I figure I have had my say. It as a test case that I believe provided food for thought as well as an initial allocation. One thing I am available to do is to explain the reasoning that went into forming that process if that becomes useful.

I should also mention that it is my belief that the GNSO Council chair is the only person who is being treated close to properly by the staff in its travel policy. And as the person currently in the chair role, I will accept this treatment and will continue to fight for parity with the Board. I agree with what has been said by others about this being a mean policy and that it is a potentially divisive policy. I firmly believe that whatever number of GNSO council members get support, they should all get the same level support that Board members get. I certainly believe this is the case for all NCA travelers. The council has not decided, as far as I know, to make any formal response to the policy itself, but I figured I should state my view here as it sort of constitutes a statement of interest.

Glen, I might also be good to know who from staff, other then yourself of course, is also subscribed to this list. I understand that it is a list with a public archive but it would still be good to know who plans to be a regular subscriber.

thanks

a.