ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Clarifying the calculation of funds provided

  • To: gnso-travel-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-travel-dt] Clarifying the calculation of funds provided
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:12:48 +0200

On 15 Oct 2008, at 17:50, Robin Gross wrote:

There is one point that confuses me in this discussion about the Nominating Committee Appointees travel funding. Is the travel for NCA appointees supposed to come out of this new GNSO travel fund? Because I thought NCA's travel was already funded by ICANN. Does ICANN now wish to re-allocate NCA travel funding to this new GNSO Travel Support fund? I'm not clear on this point.

yes it appears so.

we have gone from a situation where all NCAs were separately funded for business travel to the current situation where NCA are grouped in with the SO or AC or Board and get treated as those people are.

it was a change in peering. instead of all NCAs being equal to each other in terms of treatment, now all NCAs are equal to their AC,SO, or Board co-volunteers.

i think this is a significant change to NCAs as people will no longer volunteer with the notion that all jobs are equal.

but that is not a concern for this group.

a.