ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-udrp-dt]

[gnso-udrp-dt] RE: UDRP Issues Report & Webinar drafting team volunteers

  • To: "gnso-udrp-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-udrp-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-udrp-dt] RE: UDRP Issues Report & Webinar drafting team volunteers
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:07:36 -0700

Dear All,

Thanks to Glen for setting up this mailing list.  To kick off this discussion,
I thought it might be useful for you to review my slides from the SV meeting
for background purposes, which are posted at:

http://svsf40.icann.org/meetings/siliconvalley2011/presentations-rap-recommendations-12mar11-en.pdf

To assist in my preparation of the Issue Report, I would appreciate your input
on the following questions:

1.      What additional sources/documents should be considered in preparing the
Issue Report?
2.      Should the GNSO Council Resolution (text is on the SV slides) be
revisited to narrow the focus of the Issue Report?  If so, how?
3.      As noted in my presentation, there are many issues to potentially be
addressed if a broad       interpretation of the GNSO Council resolution is
adopted.   Should these issues be grouped      together into logical categories
and analyzed separately through successive, multiple PDPs (such        as with
the IRTP), or should they be addressed together, at the same time?  If the
issues are to        be grouped, please make suggestions on how to best
categorize them.
4.      Whether public comment should be sought prior to the completion of the
Issue Report.

Finally, I propose that Glen or Gisella prepare a Doodle for a call on April 4
or 5th to discuss the format/speakers for a webinar on the UDRP.  I suggest
that the webinar be scheduled in late April in order to allow me sufficient
time to complete the Issue Report prior to the Singapore Meeting.

That's all for now.  Also, please feel free to provide any other suggestions
that you may have for the Issue Report on this e-mail list.

Best regards,
Margie

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor