[gnso-udrp-dt] REMINDER: Preliminary Issue Report on the Current State of the UDRP
- To: "gnso-udrp-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-udrp-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-udrp-dt] REMINDER: Preliminary Issue Report on the Current State of the UDRP
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:36:34 -0700
Comment Period Deadlines (*)
Important Information Links
27 May 2011
To Submit Your Comments (Forum)<mailto:prelim-report-udrp@xxxxxxxxx>
15 July 2011
View Comments Submitted<http://forum.icann.org/lists/prelim-report-udrp/>
Section I: Description, Explanation, and Purpose
ICANN Staff is seeking comments on its Preliminary Issue Report on the Current
State of the Uniform Dispute Resolution
[PDF, 2.25 MB]. Specifically, this Report addresses:
* How the UDRP has addressed the problem of cybersquatting to date and any
insufficiencies or inequalities associated with the process.
* Whether the definition of cybersquatting inherent within the existing UDRP
language needs to be reviewed or updated.
The Preliminary Issue Report informs the GNSO Council of the current state of
the UDRP in advance of the Council's vote on whether to commence a Policy
Development Process (PDP) on this important policy.
This Public Comment solicitation represents an opportunity for the ICANN
community to provide its views on the current state of the UDRP and on whether
a Policy Development Process should be initiated to review the UDRP. This
Preliminary Issue Report will be updated to reflect community feedback
submitted through this forum. A Final Issue Report will then be presented to
the GNSO Council for its consideration.
Section II: Background
Created in 1999, the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) has successfully
offered parties a less expensive alternative to costly litigation for resolving
disputes involving domain name cybersquatting. The UDRP has not been formally
reviewed by the GNSO Council since its inception.
Section III: Document and Resource Links
* For information on the GNSO's activities related to the UDRP, please see:
* For more information on the current state of the UDRP, please view the 10
May Webinar archived at:
* To participate in the Singapore session on the Current State of the UDRP,
please see: http://singapore41.icann.org/
Section IV: Additional Information
Glen de Saint Géry