ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Final charter proposal
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:09:33 -0500

I believe it is our function as set out in the resolution:  "the PDP shall
evaluate which policy recommendations, if any, should be developed on the topic
of vertical integration between registrars and registries affecting both new
gTLDs and existing gTLDs, as may be possible under existing contracts and as
allowed under the ICANN Bylaws."

Based on the resolution, I also disagree with your characterization of our task.

We have an obligation to identify the potential effects of policy
recommendations we make.    It may be the case that some of those potential
effects are considered significant enough to warrant modifying a policy
recommendation.   It may also be the case that none is.

If you're accusing me of trying to intentionally delay the advent of new gTLDs
and game the system, Milton, please say so.  If you're not, I suggest we
dispense with the innuendo.  It's unnecessary.