ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Frederick Felman - Statement of Interest for the VI WG

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Frederick Felman - Statement of Interest for the VI WG
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:32:33 -0700

Frederick Felman
Statement of Interest

1.      Current vocation, employer and position

I am the Chief Marketing Officer of MarkMonitor, Inc., a global enterprise
brand protection company, offering Anti-Phishing Solutions, Corporate Domain
Registration Services, and related Online Brand Protection Services.

2.      Type of work performed in 1 above

As Chief Marketing Officer I am responsible for all "outbound" marketing
activity which includes press relations and public policy and MarkMonitor
Internet Governance Policy.

3.      Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

I am a minority options holder in MarkMonitor, an ICANN-accredited registrar
who serve large enterprises as their domain name registrar - we are not a
"retail" registrar and do not offer registration services to the general public.

4.      Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development
outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I represent only MarkMonitor, and, by proxy, the interests of our customers -
large companies and brand rights owners.

5.      Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an
advisory group team member

MarkMonitor are on the steering committee of the APWG and members of RISG
however I represent only MarkMonitor.

6.  Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer (Africa,
North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and Europe)

I am from North America, however MarkMonitor represent clients in Africa, North
America, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Europe.

7.      Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within
the ICANN organization

MarkMonitor are members of Registrar Stakeholder Group (Matt Serlin serves as
Secretary) as well as a non-voting members of the Intellectual Property
Stakeholders Group and active participants in the RAP-WG.
------ End of Forwarded Message