ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RySG Supermajority view on Vertical Integration

  • To: Neuman Jeff <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RySG Supermajority view on Vertical Integration
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:59:17 -0400

The position Afilias/ Neustar/ PIR have been advocating and the position I have
been advocating have dominated VI discussion the past year.    No other model
has attracted the level of scrutiny and debate that those two models have.

I'm not saying they can't be revisited.   I'm just saying  we should be
realistic.  If neither position has achieved consensus after a year of detailed
discussion I think its unlikely such consensus will occur in the next few
months.