ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Let's slow down the discourse here

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Let's slow down the discourse here
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:13:34 -0400

Hello All,

I think Milton makes a very valid point. I think all sides need to slow down
and go to their respective corners and wait until all the team members are
in place.

This is a very passionate issue for most participants (myself included), in
fact no sane person would likely sign up for this Working Group if they did
not have some strongly held beliefs one way or the other.

Perhaps we could get the announcer that does all the prize boxing matches to
begin Monday?s Call with his famous phrase -  ?Let?s get ready to rumble.?
(Just an attempt for some light humor)

I think the ICANN Board did the right thing in passing a Draconian
resolution that created an environment where opposing parties now have a
vested interest to find some common ground.  If the free speech and
non-commercial types were able to find common ground with the trademark and
IP interests, I am optimistic that this diverse group can achieve the same
outcome.

Just my two cents, and I look forward to some interesting, passionate, yet
constructive exchanges in the months ahead.

Best regards,

Michael