ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Question to WG on RAA

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Question to WG on RAA
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:03:20 -0400

Some registrars on the list have argued that you must use ICANN-Accredited
Registrars,  otherwise how will all those benefits of the RAA be passed on the
consumers?  Although I believe the "consumer protection" angle of the RAA has
been overblown by some on this list, I am not sure people in this group have
issues with the RAA itself.  The issues I have seen involve whether someone
needs to use entities that are called "ICANN-Accredited Registrars" at all to
sell their domains, whether you need to treat them equitably, whether if the
registry is the only registrar -whether 2 fees need to be paid, etc?.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.