ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:00:20 -0400

No, I am saying why do we need registrars at all for those TLDs?  What is the
benefit for the consumers of those names (the employees, vendors and
contractors in my example) of using a registrar at all?  Certainly not the RAA?
 And if you say, well they can be ICANN-Accredited, my answer is for what
purpose?  TO pay ICANN an extra $5,000 to become accredited (on top of the
$186,000 fee to get accredited as a registry)?  To pay the double fees to ICANN
every year (as both a registry a registrar)?

Let me be more direct - My proposal is to do away with registrars completely
for true single registrant/user TLDs.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.