ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Tools -- VI abbreviations are now in the ICANN Acronym Helper

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Tools -- VI abbreviations are now in the ICANN Acronym Helper
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:37:43 -0500

hi all,

here's a note from Scott Pinzon -- our acronyms have now been immortalized in
the broader ICANN Acronym Helper.  here's the link;

        http://www.andalucia.com/icann/

a tip of the hat to Chris Chaplow for getting this set up and providing ongoing
support.  and another tip of the hat to Scott for getting the acronyms loaded
into the system.  i found the site to be pretty neat.  i put a handy one-button
bookmark on the site.  :-)

here's Scott's note with a few more details...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Scott Pinzon <scott.pinzon@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: April 9, 2010 12:15:21 PM CDT
> Subject: VI abbreviations are now in the Acronym Helper
>
> We now have slightly more than 400 acronyms in the Acronym Helper, including
> most of the list that Avri specified in messages sent Wednesday.  Bear in
> mind that this is not a dictionary or glossary; it is simply a quick reminder
> of what the initials in an acronym stand for. By limiting its scope in this
> way, we can keep the application up to date (whereas numerous ICANN
> glossaries have collapsed under their own weight.)
>
> If you think it will aid VI WG members, please feel free to announce as you
> see fit. The Acronym Helper is found at:
>
> http://www.andalucia.com/icann/
>
> Note that if more acronyms come into common use, group members can suggest
> adding them in the lower part of the form.
> If I can assist you in further communications-related matters, please feel
> free to let me know.
>
> Best Regards,
> -- sp
> Scott Pinzon, CISSP