ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Reflections on types and axii of policy development

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Reflections on types and axii of policy development
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:17:29 -0400

On 15 Apr 2010, at 13:07, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> Reflecting on some of the proposals it seems useful to distinguish
> between those which seek exception from Recommendation 19 for some
> type of application, and those that seek exception from Recommendation
> 19 generally.

As I have argued in the past, whether these are exception or just
interpretation is a matter of opinion.  I do not see much of this as exception
from R19.

So if you mean by exception, those thing that according to your view are
exceptions, we wil have to first agree that your interpretation is the
interpretation that this group wishes to take.  Deciding which are exceptions
and which aren't is premature in my opinion and I feel it prejudices the
discussion.

a.