ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Summary of VI Public Comment Forum

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Summary of VI Public Comment Forum
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:55:47 -0500

Hi Eric,

Saw your public comments --
http://forum.icann.org/lists/pdp-vertical-integration/msg00007.html

I think it's fair to say the Single Registrant (SR) scenario is not the primary
focus of the proposals submitted so far.  I think the proposals place primary
focus on the permitted cross ownership level in 'standard' TLDs (i.e.  ones
other than SR).

It's also my sense that proposers are more flexible on how we treat SRs.
Though most seem to have strong views on how we treat standard TLDs - I think
there's more room to compromise on the SR rules.

Given that, I don't think a proposers' current position on SR should be a
reason to reject their overall proposal.    It may even be useful, as some
suggested early in the WG,  to separate each proposal into its 'standard' and
'SR' portions.

This is just my sense of the group.

RT

committed to a particular path on