ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Economists

  • To: "'kKleiman@xxxxxxx'" <kKleiman@xxxxxxx>, "'Mueller@xxxxxxx'" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Economists
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:35:01 -0400

Kathy,

Just a clarification.  The economists did not look at the data issues or
privacy issues as you suggest.  However, they did not study our system of equal
access, because frankly, they view that, as some of us do, irrelevant with
respect to registries without market power.  In other words, their comment was
that equal access requirements on registries without market power does not
benefit, and in fact may harm, consumers and competition in general.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Vice President, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx