ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Economists

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Economists
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:12:42 -0400

Hi,

While I am not saying that I have accepted this as the solution, if we get
consensus on the same solution that existed in DAGv2, we would still not be in
the same place as we were then.

We will have gone through the Policy process on a Policy issue with a diverse
group of stakeholders and would have made a consensus recommendation.

Though as I said in my comments on DAGv2, while the solution has a certain
charm based on its simplicity, I still feel that it may be a bit too much in
the one size fits all category and may lack some of the necessary
considerations.  It will be interesting to see how it comes out in the polling
against the categorial concerns.

a.