ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] RE: clarification

  • To: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: clarification
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:56:10 -0400

ok, so i seem my clarification actually did the reverse.

when i said the CAM proposal "allows for a Registry or RSP  to own up to 100%
of a Registrar (and vice-versa) if the Registrar or its affiliates do not
distribute that TLD" it reads as if this 100% ownership is allowed WITHOUT the
CESP review process. That is not correct, and that accounts for Avri's
objections. What I was trying to clarify is that in ADDITION to allowing 100%
CO when no self-distribution is involved, it allows a TLD to distribute its own
TLD through the same process. My intention was to say was that there was no
difference in the process. I got the impression that some people assumed that
the CESP process was ONLY about CO and not about VI.

Apologies to all for throwing this temporary confusion into the pot.

--MM