ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] A 2% cap applied to the existing, competing RSPs, as RO applicants

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] A 2% cap applied to the existing, competing RSPs, as RO applicants
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 14:49:36 -0400

Eric:

I'm not commenting on the point you are trying to make only to say that your
numbers are way off on the registrar side.

Netsol's market cap is not even in the neighborhood of $1M.  If you believe the
WSJ, it is closer to $1B than $1M.  Go Daddy's quarterly cash flow in 2010 must
be much higher than $14M by at least 4X for domains alone -- let alone all of
the other goods and services that they provide.  With all of the notes flying
around, we need to be sure of the accuracy of stats that we circulate.

Thanks.

Jon