ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs in VIWG Brussels report

  • To: gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs in VIWG Brussels report
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:49:40 -0400

Hi,

While I believe that we do not need too much time to carefully consider an
issue people have already been talking about for years - just resolve, I can
understand the desire for caution.

But when it comes to caution, the only cautious option seems to be the path
charted by the Board and instantiated in DAGv4.  Then we can continue talking,
and once we have expended sufficient amounts of caution and time, we can come
up with a process that allows incumbent and new registries and registrars to
consider the then accepted process for increased CO and mitigation of strict
separation.

a.