Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals
- To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals
- From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 04:55:47 -0400
1. What is an "audit"? Is it the same thing in Beijing, Brussels and
Marina del Rey?
2. Is the "Registry Operator or its Affiliate [which] may serve as an
ICANN-Accredited Registrar in any top-level domain other than the TLD
for which Registry Operator or its Affiliate serves as the Registry
Operator” Verisign, or is that a non-issue to the few registrars
proposing that they be allowed to form registrar-registry combines?
It may be an issue to registrars with no desire to form
registrar-registry combines but anticipate competing form the new gTLD
registrar market ... absent the re-entry into the registrar market of
the previous unified monopoly incumbent, and entity with $5.1bn in
It is real simple to add market cap language, so why has that been
3. The schedule/details TBD/penalties/costs/independent/rotating
machinery sounds nice, but how does it work? Is it conducted in
English only or French or Chinese from time to time?