ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU

  • To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams'" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jarkko.ruuska@xxxxxxxxx" <jarkko.ruuska@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:26:22 -0400

Presenting a .brand SRSU TLD as a "leakage" of a private name space into the
public internet is a desperate rhetorical ploy that, I assume, all of us can
see through. If not, let me know and I will address it; otherwise nothing
further needs to be said about it.

Raising the spectre of mergers and acquisitions is also a phony argument. A
.brand TLD is an asset that can be transferred like anything else. To compare
ip address renumbering to the transfer of the registrant of a domain name is
ludicrous.

--MM