ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU

  • To: "'krosette@xxxxxxx'" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] SRSU
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 07:36:36 -0400

Kristina,

Can you help me understand the logic of (c) below. Although Neustar's principal
business is not that of a registry, so your requirement would not impact us,
why is it there? What is the perceived danger of an Afilias for example getting
a .afilias and being able to take advantage of this exemption?

Its almost like saying all of the IP protections the IPC had a hand in creating
for the new round of gTLDs should be allowed to be used by all IP
owners.....except for IPC members.

Just curious about the logic. Maybe I am missing something.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Vice President, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx