ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt

  • To: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jothan Frakes" <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>, <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt
  • From: "Hammock, Statton" <shammock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:55:49 -0400

The point I conceded, is that "ICANNland" does have a set of forces,
factors, and features that, in combination, are unique to it but when
parsed out we can find good analogies to these factors in different
markets that exist today. Thinking outside ICANNland is what I encourage
us to do, to the extent that its helpful to raise us out of the weeds
and give us a better perspective from which to consider the issues.

Statton

 Statton Hammock
 Sr. Director, Law, Policy & Business Affairs

http://www.networksolutionsretail.com/signature/netsollogo09.gif<http://
www.networksolutionsretail.com/signature/netsollogo09.gif>

P 703-668-5515  M 703-624-5031 www.networksolutions.com