ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt

  • To: "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hammock, Statton'" <shammock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Milton L Mueller'" <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "'Jothan Frakes'" <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>, <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] vertical relationships in the domain name mkt
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:17:22 -0400

While I could generally support the notion of using the "real world" to
guide us, in this case I think it bears remarking that we not lose sight of
the fact that the Internet is a singular, unique global resource that must
be coordinated and managed unlike anything else that exists in this world.
Jeff N states it correctly insomuch as we need to be mindful that we are
working on a core component inside of ICANNland.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

RNA Partners, Inc.