ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: First Draft of VI Initial Report v.1

  • To: "'Ken Stubbs'" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: First Draft of VI Initial Report v.1
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:25:47 -0400

Yes, but I am just asking for one excessive sentence to be taken out.

The modification I am suggesting is not "against" compliance, it simply
suggests that it is unrealistic, if not impossible, to expect a compliance
program fully equipped for the challenges of the new TLD policies to be in
place and operational _before_ the new TLD program actually happens.  It's like
saying that you have to be absolutely sure your military can win a battle
before you go into the battle.  The fact of the matter is, you don't really
know how your military performs in a certain kind of battle until you go into
it. And you had better be prepared to make adjustments as you enter the battle,
otherwise you will surely lose.

-MM

From: Ken Stubbs [mailto:kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Interesting to note in the poll just taken that the compliance statement (see
row K)  of the approx 30 persons who actually expressed an opinion on this
statement
approx 85% could live with or were in favor of this proposal