ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:42:39 -0700

SGs have powerful rights within the ICANN community, which *potential*
registries or RSPs do not have.  Such rights include a say in appointing Board
members and a right to appoint members of the GNSO council.

If the EOI program had been approved, who was applying for what would now be
clear. As it is, I don't think you can compel anyone to state if they are
applying for a new gTLD or if they plan to be an RSP either.  Nor could you
have any basis for believing them if they did say so.   Any speculation as to
who is going to do what in the future is just that -- speculation.

Your point of order is out of order.

Antony