ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] process

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] process
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:17:13 -0400

You are 100% correct. However, the reason some people are trying to sideline
the report is that they have no basis for believing it is crap; its suggestions
have not been adequately refuted or even debated by these very same people who
want to suppress it.

> My question to the people who oppose the [economist] report is: "What
> would be the harm in providing the report as annex, while in the text we
> indicate that the WG has a majority against the report?".

This is a very reasonable position. However, before the majority can say they
are "against" the report, they would have to produce some reasons - and none of
them can! So I guess they would just prefer to bury it.

> I confess that I don't understand why this solution could not be
> acceptable.

I hope I explained why ;-)