ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:42:09 +0200

Hi,

I disagree. Obviously.

I think everyone in this group is qualified to have an opinion.  Many of us
have watched Rys and Rrs for years.  And we have a pretty good view of how they
will behave. Using your analogy, I don't need to be trained in the field
stripping of M16 (which I am) in order to be to tell how much danger it might
hold in different peoples hands.  Now if the concern is the likehood that a
particular piece of equipment might fail then yes you may have a better idea,
just like knowing how to field strip and clean a rifle might give you a better
idea of when it might jam.  but I don't think the risk of equipment failure is
what we are worrying about.

And if there any possible harms to consumers, which i what I thought we really
cared about, I doubt that Rrs and Rys have a better view of the than the non
contracted types among the group members.

a.