ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Question re: Time Change

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Question re: Time Change
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:13:08 +0000

On 3 Aug 2010, at 13:09, Mike O'Connor wrote:

> hi Jeff,
>
> we saw your note and then...  well...  it's summer on the farm and i...
> forgot to reply.  sorry about that.
>
> to retrace the history, we had a conversation on the call the week before and
> were thinking it would be nice to move the call a couple hours later to
> accommodate Cheryl's schedule (moving the call from 0300 to 0500 for her).
> everybody on the call was fine with that so we went ahead and did it.  but
> again, your burned-out co-chair merely made a couple announcements to the
> list rather than going through a full-blown Doodle poll (for which he gets
> repeatedly beaten up).
>
> so, in summary, as usual, it's my fault.
>
> Roberto and i are thinking it's a good idea to return to the original time
> (sorry about that Cheryl).  any howls of protest before we do that?  or...
> should we poll...  :-)

Why don't you poll?

If there are two calls per week it would seem reasonable to me that at least
one of them be scheduled so that people like Cheryl can get a night's sleep ..

Conversely, having calls after a certain time has a similarly negative impact
on those of us in the EU ..

> mikey
>

> On Aug 3, 2010, at 6:41 AM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I never saw a response to this, but now I see next week’s meeting is at the
>> same time.  Was there a Doodle poll on this new time that I may have missed?
>>
>> CHAIRS – Can you please explain how we came to the new time and why that is
>> being used going forward?  Also, are we no longer having Thursday calls?
>> Can you all please lay out the schedule for the next few weeks so we can
>> plan accordingly?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jeffrey J. Neuman
>> Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy
>>
>> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the
>> use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or
>> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have
>> received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination,
>> distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
>> received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and
>> delete the original message.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection