ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OFF TOPIC -- Further update -- Council motion came up again right at the end of the meeting

  • To: vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] OFF TOPIC -- Further update -- Council motion came up again right at the end of the meeting
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:44:56 +0200

Avri,

I think a lot of what you are saying here is a mischaracterization at best. I
won't go into detail as Mikey has asked (rightly so in my opinion) that we do
not stay on this off-topic issue on this list.

But just as an example, I really do not see what your basis for saying that the
interval for seconding the motion this time was short. You are making it sound
like the motion was very last minute, which is simply not true. As you know
very well, there are rules for submitting a motion, one of which is that it be
done 8 days in advance of the Council meeting. That rule is there just so
people do have time to consider any motions and second them if they want.

And this motion was made in time by the Council Chair Chuck Gomes. So what you
are implying simply doesn't ring true to me.

Thanks,

Stéphane