ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Trondheim Board meeting briefing materials on VI

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Trondheim Board meeting briefing materials on VI
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:17:47 -0400

After reading these materials I now understand why I got lots of questions
after the September retreat on the JN2 proposal vs. the RACK proposal.  Neither
ICANN staff nor Salop and Wright did an adequate job in summarizing for the
Board the difference between the proposals.

One of the recommendations that the PDP Work Team made in its initial report
was that all papers to the board should be written by the Working Group.  ICANN
staff would be permitted to add their own "opinions", but the summaries should
be written by those most familiar with the substance.  Reading these staff
papers only solidifies in my mind how necessary that is.

P.S., I think staff is doing a good job, its just that they are not as familiar
(rightfully so) with the substance on all issues.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.