ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] ICANN Board VI Resolution

  • To: michael@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] ICANN Board VI Resolution
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:37:38 -0700

Thanks Mike, I agree regarding the analysis if it will make you feel
better. But even more important is the incredible amount of time we all
seem to have wasted in this effort. From what I have been able to gather
this was a preordained outcome that was just a matter of time while the
Board and Staff proponents figured out how to convince the remaining
dissenters. It seems this had less to do with bottom up consensus and
was based more on mitigating risk.

Whatever. At this point it is what it is. But I don't appreciate being
duped into spending so much time and effort on a pointless endeavor
based on a resolution that was obviously a farse. So any after the fact
CYA analysis doesn't really interest me. What I would like is a heads up
next time so I can spend my efforts on something actually productive.

Tim