ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10]

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10]
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:15:27 -0500

Colleagues,

Erratic policy is a concern, as is the corollary, the absence of transparency, etc.

I remain convinced that the momentary policy of the Board is not the process answer this Working Group must necessarily arrive at for the subsequent new gTLD rounds, and of course, I've no idea how the Board arrived at the reversal of a policy it adopted 238 days previously.

I hope the Names Council is not tempted to declare the policy question "answered" when visibly it has been, but only through ignoring the process requirements necessary to arrive at any answer.

No meeting time is scheduled for Cartegena. That is unfortunate. I would prefer to use some of the Cartegena time to confer with some of this Working Group, and as there is little policy value in the ceremonial activities scheduled for Monday morning, I suggest a rump session at 9am.

I know that the ALAC WT-A leaves COM-2a/3a at 9am, so that room may be free.

Not a "resurrect the WG" meeting, just a meeting of people who put a lot into this issue to discuss "if" and "what".

Eric