ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

[gnso-whois-study] Meeting Recap

  • To: <gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whois-study] Meeting Recap
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:46:03 -0400

Here is a high level summary of our Whois Study Hypotheses meeting
today:

1.      We decided to request comments about proposed hypotheses from
study proposers as follows: a) wait until we have finished drafting all
hypotheses; b)  send the complete set of hypotheses to submitters who
did not participate in this group; c) allow one week for comments.
2.      We finalized the hypotheses for Area 1 with one edit to the
prefatory comment at the beginning.
3.      We tentatively agreed on hypotheses for Area 2 studies 16 & 22;
any further discussion should occur on the list before the next meeting
and final approval will happen at the beginning of the next meeting.
4.      Steve Metalitz and James Blidel volunteered to work on draft
hypotheses for the other studies in Area 2 in advance of next weeks
meeting, taking into consideration the discussion that occurred for
studies 16 & 22 today.
5.      Steve DelBianco already submitted draft hypotheses for Area 3;
because he may not be able to participate in next week's call, group
members should submit any questions or comments to him on the list this
week.
6.      Tim Ruiz distributed proposed hypotheses for Area 4.
7.      Next meeting: Next Tuesday, 22 July, same time (15:00 UTC) for
90 minutes.

Please let me know if my summary has any errors.

Thanks, Chuck