ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

[gnso-whois-study] Current Version of Whois Study Hypotheses

  • To: <gnso-whois-study@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whois-study] Current Version of Whois Study Hypotheses
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:08:35 -0400

Most of you probably noted earlier today that Beau Brendler, a member of
our group, asked the following "May I ask permission to distribute this
most recent summary of hypotheses to the ALAC for discussion/education?"
document Liz distributed after today's meeting that can be used for
distribution to your respective groups if any so desire.

Please note that I added an introduction and some references to make the
document a little more self-contained and user friendly.  In particular,
please note the following paragraph in the intro: "The table contained
in this document and the notes that precede it are what the Whois Study
Hypotheses Group believes is a near final version of its work product.
It is provided with the understanding that the Whois Study Hypotheses
Group was tasked with a very limited mission that did not include making
any recommendations or doing any prioritization; as previously stated,
the group was simply tasked with restating hypotheses for all of the
proposed studies in a consistent and concise format that clearly
expresses them in a way that shows what is to be tested."

Also, please understand that I am not suggesting that anyone should
distribute this document to your constituency or advisory group at this
time.  It is your call whether you think that is worthwhile now.  Some
of you may prefer to wait until we send our final report to the Council
in a couple weeks.

Finally, I want to let you know that Liz has already sent messages to
all of those who proposed studies requesting their comments by 20 August
and I sent a request to the GAC.  If anyone wants to see any of those
messages, please let us know.

Chuck