ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-tf-rpt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Comment on recommendations for improving notification and consent for the use of contact data in the Whois system

  • To: gnso-whois-tf-rpt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on recommendations for improving notification and consent for the use of contact data in the Whois system
  • From: Alan Levin <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:43:52 +0200

Dear GNSO and others

I write as a registrant, member of the NCUC, and provider of registration services to many non-commercial organisations and individual users.

I am not in favor of the recommendations as they stand. Whilst the intention of the recommendations is agreeable, there are some interpretation issues. I believe that it should be made more clear that registrants only need acknowledge any disclosures (as referred) one time during the lifetime of their relationship with any particular registrar.

sincerely,

Alan

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>