ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Update on GNSO Council action today

  • To: "gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Update on GNSO Council action today
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:51:57 -0700

All,

The GNSO Council did discuss, but did not act on, the Charter for this Working
Group.  John Berard of the Business Constituency provided a "second" to Wendy's
motion, but a Council member requested a one-meeting delay, which the Council
has a tradition of respecting.  The next Council meeting is 6 October, so I
would expect the Charter to again be considered at that time.

Tim Ruiz of the Registrar Stakeholder Group noted in particular our proposal to
change from a "drafting team" (a term typically used for short-term groups to
draft motions and charters) and a Working Group. Although the GNSO Council
first convened the group as a Drafting Team, the group proposed a change to a
Working Group in recognition of the longer term effort that we have estimated
will be required to develop and validate a draft survey before releasing it,
and to include post-survey analysis activity that the group also recognized
would be needed.

As a result of today's meeting, the Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies will
take a few more weeks to deliberate before acting on the Charter for this group.

Thanks, Liz