ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

Re: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 3a (Proposed)

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 3a (Proposed)
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:19:45 -0300

Hi,
Thanks Ken.
I inserted my comments as well.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Regards
Olga

2009/12/9 Gomes, Chuck <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  Thanks Ken.  I inserted a few personal thoughts below.
>
> Chuck
>
>  ------------------------------

scales. Eg: typical example is exam notes between 1-10, it is usually very
difficult to tell the difference between 9 or 10 or 5 or 6, and this brings
confusion.

> *b)     **Individual vs. Gro*:  should Council members rate/rank
> individually or should sub-groups be formed to discuss and recommend a
> single consensus answer from each one?   [Gomes, Chuck] Individual ranking
> is simpler and hence better meets the criteria of user-friendly and
> straightforward.  But there are ways that the sub-group approach could be
> simplified.  For example, subgroups could consist of Councilors from the
> same SG with NomCom appointees serving as a separate sub group; we
> could then form a subgroup of the liaisons. If the subgroups go across SGs,
> I think the ability to reach consensus may be over complicated.

Olga: Soubgroups may add value in previous discussion to deciding the
ranking, specially now that there are several new council members.
Subgrups made from the same SG sounds a good approach.

--
Olga Cavalli, Dr. Ing.
www.south-ssig.com.ar