ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[governance-principles]

Regarding Corporate Governance guidelines

  • To: <governance-principles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Regarding Corporate Governance guidelines
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:20:43 +1000

I support these corporate governance guidelines.  They may also form a
basis for some similar guidelines for the Councils of supporting
organisations.

With respect to 2(c) regarding review of the performance of individual
Board members, I recommend that the Board consider using a 360 degree
review process.   A independent external party should manage a review of
each Board member consisting of reviews from a selection of other Board
members (who will remain anonymous), as well as reviews from members of
the ICANN community outside of the Board (e.g a selection of members
from some of the supporting organisations).   The criteria for such a
review will need to be established - but the guidelines for the
selections of Board members along with these corporate governance
guidelines would be a useful basis.

With respect to monitoring the financial performance of the organisation
- it would be useful to publish for the ICANN community a quarterly
report that covers major revenue and expenditure for that quarter.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin